Tuesday, March 6

Tech rehearsals suck

...in any language, in any country. Especially when the tech crew has to take cues in a language they don't understand.

Saturday I really didn't do much except sleep and go to dress rehearsal. I stopped by a party some of the folks in my program were throwing, an "Američanka Party." For the little bit I was there, I had an awesome time. And I think the fact that a few of the people in my program couldn't help but throw an American-style frat party out of their apartment in the middle of Prague probably tells you something...that said, they really are very nice people.

Sunday was similarly lazy - went to The Globe cafe in the city to read Tom Stoppard's new play Rock 'n' Roll which is playing now at the National Theatre, and is about the underground rock scene in Prague during communism. Tom Stoppard is Czech - that was news to me!

I'm beginning to finalize my plans to return home for the summer. And I'm starting to submit my resume for internships and the like. Looks like I'll have five days to travel once I'm done here, and my sights are set on Croatia - said to be the most beautiful place in Europe, but a place I probably wouldn't go otherwise. I've been realizing lately that I really wish I could study here for longer. It's nice to be here for four months, but I'm still so focused on getting back home and setting things up for myself there. If I had been here a year, I could have really detached myself from home.

That's not to say I'm not completely exuberantly overjoyed with my experience here thus far. As I was saying to JC in a recent Facebook message, it's incredible how clear my mind is from being here and having some time to just kinda...do anything...and nothing. It's allowed me to kinda re-look at a lot of the things I've done and a lot of the things I'm trying to do. And something awesome happened - I was really happy with what I saw.

Ah, I got really sentimental there for a moment!

Anyhow, the show goes up this weekend and I'm excited to perform, AND to get it out of the way (though rehearsals have gotten much better thanks to my and Dan's ability to hang out with our incredibly attractive costume designer). I hope people see it.

Tomorrow is class and rehearsal. Sounds like high school all over again...