Friday, May 4

A quick goodbye

It's late and I'm going to bed, but the next time I'll be able to post will be Sunday, and I just can't leave you waiting that long. I've found myself with much less free time lately, what with my finishing up my final papers, tests, presentations, and the like. Which would also explain why I still haven't posted those damn pictures from Berlin. I'm sorry.

Last night was fun for a lot of reasons. Dan and I discovered a Herna bar near his apartment that's already becoming a new watering hole for us and his apartment-mates. It's a small dive bar with a Roma bartender and two prostitutes sitting at the middle table. The bartender loves us, probably because me and Dan love singing to her and she knows all the words to the American songs that come on the radio. A place with some real character to it.

Today started with our last real Contemporary Culture class, and I must say I'll miss that one - we've had some fun conversations. Then I had to present my project to my producing teacher, who seemed like he liked what I was talking about (he asked me for suggestions on which WebTV sites he should be interested in, like ManiaTV). I spent the rest of the day studying for tomorrow's Czech test, seeing Spider-Man 3 (it's a really fun movie, a good follow up to the first two), and downloading Lost.

So this weekend should be pretty awesome. I'm bringing my computer so I can finish up these essays in the car. And I'm going to try to speak Czech as much as I can, this being the last chance I'll get (um...ever) to really be fully immersed in the language (plus it'll be good review for my oral final on Monday).

Next time I talk to you, it'll be two weeks before I go home.