Monday, April 23

Weekend in brief

It's time for bed. But normally, a lot of people read this blog on Sundays, so I figure I should at least give you something. This weekend has been filled with some great visits from some outstanding people and some outstanding new stories.

Saturday was a great day. Tomas, Zuzana, Jonas, and I went to visit two incredible sites near Prague: a small castle, still in use as a residence by its owner, and a monastery connected to a church that was only half there (cathedrals have three aisles and an altar normally. Two of the aisles on this one were demolished, leaving only this eerie third aisle, and then the remaining altar was turned into a new church in itself, still connected to the remaining aisle. Hard to explain, but I took some pictures). Later, had a great night watching the Bulls win and partying at Lucerna (once my definite least favorite place in Prague, now slowly growing on me) with some new friends from Austria.

Today has been unexpectedly busy. Woke up late, had breakfast/lunch with the family (Tomas insisted I have beer with the meal. Turns out beer for breakfast is actually great), then took a nap (I know, I live a rough life) before heading into the city to work on a project with Stephanie (which actually entailed much more time just sipping on cappuccinos and eating more food than it did project preparing). Tonight, Jonas was having a bit of a party at a small bar in Zizkov to celebrate his (and a friend's) birthday, so I stopped over there before heading all the way back across town to meet my friend from USC, Katie, who's visiting this weekend from Florence (she's blogging too, but I can't find the damn address). We had a great dinner with her two friends, then walked around a bit.

Phew! So that's the weekend in events. New thoughts: I don't think I'm going to Munich next weekend after all (still going to Berlin though, don't worry). And in less than one month, I'll be back in LA. I don't think I've ever had such mixed feelings about an event.

Tomorrow, it's class followed by a concert, back at Lucerna, by the American punk band Rise Against. Never been to a punk show, so that should be fun. I promise I'll elaborate on all this soon!