Tuesday, January 16

Beginning of a long day

I am deliriously exhausted. Went to bed early, but of course I woke up at 2:45am (about 9pm in Chicago) and was a) STARVING, and b) wide awake. After tossing and turning for another 2 hours, I awoke and left the hotel with my 837 pounds of luggage (what's that in kg?). I enjoyed the Jurys Inn. They gave me free OJ when I left.

The airport was incredibly painless (I had to do some baggage adjusting. I've checked the big bag and the big half of my backpack. You only get one carry on when flying through Heathrow. That should be interesting coming home...) Now I'm sitting at a lovely little coffee place, sipping a fantastic latte (with caffeine...it's gonna be a long one, folks) and listening to Sufjan Stevens. I'm going to sleep on the plane if it kills me.

I feel like I haven't stopped sweating since I arrived here. Maybe it's the humidity (which is high), maybe it's my body's reaction to being so confused, or maybe it's all the walking. But honestly, I have to meet my host family in a few hours and I've sweat through my shirt already. And who likes sweating at 6:30am anyway?

The next time I write to you, I will be in Prague.