Sunday, January 14

Look Boss! The Plane!

Disclaimer: I didn't have internet access in London, so the next few posts were written on the Mac before they were posted. In case you were wondering how I seemed to be able to post from the plane...
____________________________________
The day has arrived! Complete insanity. I had no idea what to think - I didn't really feel anything until after dinner, when all of a sudden the anxiety set in. Not nervousness, definitely not, just wanting to get the transition over with and be here already.

Sally gave me a gift before I left - a journal. I'm using it right now! It's awesome, now I'll remember what to blog about. Let's go down the list:

1. Sheldon Kane is insane. After staying awake until 7:30am the previous night (with Dan)completely changing his and Dan's travel itinerary, he made sure to arrive at the airport with about 7 seconds to spare before he would have missed the flight. Dan was already exasperated, finished with dealing with all of this...I can only imagine what the next few weeks will be between them.

2. On the plane, I sat behind TWO (2) crying babies. Why do I always get so lucky????? WHO ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T SIT NEXT TO BABIES ON AIRPLANES????

3. I haven't cut my hair since September (besides a few small trims) and when I wear a hat, I have wings. I'm still determined not to cut it until I get back in May.

4. Before he accidentally spilled red wine all over himself in his sleep (we saw it coming), Sheldon struck up a conversation with the girl sitting next to him who, it turns out, is an ADPi at USC studying abroad in London this semester. Her name is Andrea and she is very nice.

And that does it for the plane ride. I slept for maybe 90 min, tops, so of course I was a bit groggy. Time to find the hotel!