Wednesday, January 10

Prepare for Impact

Ahoi! This seems to be a great time to start this blog...a new chapter in my life. I like to try to take note of times like this, when it seems like the way I perceive everything is filtered through a new lens. It's at the point now when I become annoyed with things that don't apply to Prague...

My host family sounds incredible on paper. A spacious house, near the river, everyone speaks at least some English (the mother is fluent), and two sons (23 and 17). Host dad (Hodaddy?) is a film producer (wanna give me a job?). The house is only a few blocks from the trams, and probably walking distance from the social centers of the city (New and Old Towns). And internet at home! Incredible on paper. But so was communism...

I'm trying to stay skeptical. But I'm finding it difficult.

I'll be posting some pictures from Costa Rica on the flickr soon.