Tuesday, January 23

it's snowing!

One week here, and finally some snow! It's supposed to do this for the next two days - I can't wait to see what this city looks like with a foot of powder over it! Though the freezing cold winds do make it much more difficult to walk around.

Last night I stayed home, and Zuzan and I had a long conversation about assorted things. Most interesting, however, was her reaction to the fact that Lisa and I both have our own cars. That's unthinkable here, and understandably so. I guess you could compare it to having a car in New York City - who needs one?

I took a new route to class today that bypassed Baneofmyexistnece Hill. I know this probably comes as a shock, but I got lost again, and ended up right against the towering wall of Vysehrad basilica, about 100m directly below where I needed to be. As usual, after backtracking my entire route, I managed to find the obvious sign I had missed, and got to class 5 minutes late. But hey, here's what mom told me:

"btw-in the Frommers book on Prague-it says that if you don't get lost at least once in Prague, you haven't experienced Prague. I thought that was pretty funny!"

I have definitely experienced Prague. In fact, my legs are about finished experiencing Prague and would like a vacation. But here's the nice thing about getting lost, at least for me: my goal here was to try to calm the heck down a little, try to just lay low for a semester. So far, it's definitely been working. I get places late, I'm relaxed about this whole Czech language thing even though if I really want to learn it I'd have to be studying all night (I have a quiz tomorrow), and I'm generally alright with whatever happens. It's a nice change from my ridiculous life in LA.

Speaking of which, congrats to the Troy Tones for making ICCA semis!

Tonight, we have a get-together for our program that involves bowling and pool and possibly pizza and definitely beer (that should go without saying by now). Which means I have to go study for that quiz...