Thursday, January 11

first contact!

Today I got an email from my host family in Prague, who said they had read this blog! I'm too excited for words (it always great when the person/people you're going to meet make first contact. Makes me feel much more comfortable). They sent some pictures, but I'll post some of my own once I get there on Tuesday.

I should mention here, I've started learning some Czech (some Czech...). i'm not very good with languages normally (i get frustrated really easily and give up), so I figured a head start wouldn't hurt too much. Jak se mate? Jmenjui se Evan!

My last days in Northbrook are filled mostly with shopping and waiting. A few friends are still here, who I spend lots of time with and with whom conversations seem always to turn to the more serious...and knock knock jokes. I still have a long list of things to do. Like any big project I work on, i don't think I'll ever be complete/ready/prepared. but then again, that's more fun.